Tuesday, October 10, 2006

RSVPs......

So..... its been a little over 3 months since I moved into my house and I had my housewarming this weekend! I was a little intimidated by the number of RSVPs I got.....about 70! So, I went to planning on how to feed and provide drinks for all these people. I decided to not make it too complicated so I went the barbeque route....... the menu included:

Appetizers:
Crab and artichoke dip
7 layer dip
Roasted rosemary cashews

Entrees:
BBQ ribs
BBQ chicken
Roasted chicken
BBQ Meatballs
Corn on the cob
Roasted vegetables with Garlic Tarragon Butter
Potato Salad

Dessert:
Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
Lemon Pound Cake with fresh Strawberries

Premixed drinks:
Peach Sangria
Rum Punch
Margaritas

Okay.... well maybe that doesnt sound all that simple but it is all stuff I have basically made before. I admit, I like cooking for people and somehow, this time was much easier than I expected. I did the majority of the cooking on Saturday.

I would say that the housewarming was a success but...... I had 24 no shows! 24! That is a lot!! Like how can you possibly plan for that?? But I guess I would rather have more food than not enough. However, if you say you are coming then you should come.... or apologize for not showing up and give an explanation/excuse. I have still not heard from some people. I just think that is rude. Am I overreacting about this?? Should I just give up and know that RSVPs just don't mean anything anymore?......
Tequila Lime & Buffalo wings

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi RDP!--
I postponed my housewarming and still haven't figured when to do it. 24 no-shows is egregious! I wonder when people stopped practicing the social graces. It's hard enough to get people to RSVP, now you have to worry they don't actually mean it. But 46 is a pretty hefty crowd...

brunsli said...

That's a lot of no-shows, especially considering how evite has a maybe checkbox.

Anonymous said...

Hi Reddread,

I think it is just flat out rude when someone RSVPs and don't bother calling or explaining why they missed the engagement.
I went to a wedding two weeks ago of an ex co-worker. I bought her a very nice gift and she did not even bother sending me a email to thank me for the gift. How Rude!