Thursday, May 04, 2006

They are dropping like flies!.....

So this past weekend I attended the wedding of a friend of mine from undergrad in Baltimore. Actually, I was in the wedding. I was one of the bridesmaids even though I am friends with the groom. (Originally, he was told that if he wanted me to be in the wedding I would have to be a groomsman and wear a tux but, as you can see, things change....)

We really had a great time. They pulled out all the stops. The rehearsal dinner was delicious and so much food! A four course meal with champagne and wine flowing.... If any of you are in Baltimore you have to go have a meal at Helen's Garden ( http://www.helensgarden.com/V2/) in Canton.

The wedding was in this beautiful old church in downtown Baltimore and the wedding reception was at the Inner Harbor Marriott. They reserved the whole ballroom floor and had a cocktail reception with a jazz band before the dinner. There was also a private reception for the wedding party at this time in another room.

Then, the dinner was another four course affair. They also had an open bar and a vodka luge (see picture below) Very dangerous! And the bartender wasn't mixing martinis and pouring them through -- just mixtures of flavored vodka, straight vodka.



Anyway, their wedding cake was from this renouned bakery called Sugarbaker's so who knows how much that cost and they had a really famous Baltimore DJ for music after the dinner. And it was good music too! We were jammin! Here is a picture of the cake and the happy couple dancing up a storm!




I will see if I can get any pictures from someone else of me getting my groove on because I sure was burning up the dance floor!






Here I am with my good friend, Eve (also from undergrad), and the groom.



As for my hair, I had seen someone with their hair like this and asked her how she did it and this has become one of my formal hairstyles. Basically, you pull your hair back in a ponytail placed about where you want the bun to be and then you take each lock and start twisting it individually. They twist up on each other and stay twisted. when you are done you have this big twisty bun! And, if one sticks out, you just tuck it in. Very easy to maintain. And it passed the hardcore dancing test no sweat. Also, it stays pretty well when you sleep. I decided to take it down the next day though because it was getting heavy and my neck was getting tired. But I love the style. I might have to wear it more often!




Addendum: So..... in response to some of the comments...... it took about an hour or so to twist all the hair up. The bride was actually very practical about the bridesmaid dresses -- the only requirements were that they be black and floor length and we could wear something we already owned if we had it. Halleluyah! So I did, I wore a dress I already owned and had only worn once or twice. Worked out great. As for the bouquet, i was standing right behind the bride but she threw the bouquet off to the left, nowhere near me. Life goes on!

7 comments:

brunsli said...

Ooops... when you asked if I had seen your new post, I thought you meant the heavy locks post.

Your hair looks cool! How long did it take? Do tell!!

Did being a groomswoman allow you to avoid wearing a goofy frilly dress?

I noticed that you didn't comment on catching the bouquet. :P

Ms.Honey said...

Your hair is soo pretty...I'm still in the baby phase..can't wait till I can wear a real pony tail.

Susanne said...

Black's a great colour for bridesmaid dresses.

Leighann said...

I love your updo. Very pretty and classy. You just twisted then tucked each lock? Beautiful!

Goodnapps said...

The updo is so pretty RedDred. You looked stunning for the wedding.

Dee said...

love the updo....very nice, very formal and you working the dress too!

Anonymous said...

How did you get all that hair up there???? It looks Good!!!!!!