Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Okay, I've had it....

I have watched American Idol for many seasons..... This year, it didn't really grab me. There are some contestants that I think are really great (like every year.) You know, you watch the judges give their opinions at the end of a performance and you know that some of it is for show -- especially Simon. But, I could always count on Randy Jackson to give relatively fair and objective feedback.

Since I haven't been watching much, I hadn't heard much about what the judges were saying this year. I knew that there were a couple favorites this year but that was about it. It wasn't until a local radio station commented on it did I start to pay attention. One of the best singers on the show is a young woman from Miami called Syesha Mercado. Syesha is such a powerhouse and I have rarely heard her make a mistake.

So I watched tonight, it's Mariah Carey day, and Syesha sang Vanishing, one of my favorite Mariah songs, back from the old days.....

Here is a clip of her performance:







And what did Randy say? "I was really scared when you decided to sing this song..... You did a good job, all things considered...."

What!?!?!? Maybe he just needs to clean out his ears or he has been listening to folks sing for too long....

And Paula is a joke. All she does is say that people did well, in the most inarticulate way possible. Oh, and that they look great....

And haven't you heard of this song before??? A song that most people don't know.... maybe most pre-pubescent teenagers......

Okay, I'm done..... :-)

No comments: