Monday, June 05, 2006

Aruba Ariba!



Well, if you have kept up with Brunsli's posts, then you know that we did make it to Aruba and we did have a great time!










Here are a few pictures that you didnt see on her blog....







Me on the dunes on the north end of the beach








During a little off-roading........ Technically, I think we were supposed to rent a jeep or something to go off road but we took our little Suburu Liana and put it to the test! Brunsli handled the dirt roads like a professional stunt driver.









Us at Bushiribana Ruins.....










Let me just say, the sun in Aruba is intense! I saw beet-red white folks walking around all the time, continuing to sunbathe despite the condition of their skin. One woman, who had freckles all over her shoulders to start, was so red I didn't even know that color was possible. And she was sitting in a chair in the shallow water on the beach, reading a book. Can you say skin cancer! I also met this guy from the DC area who was dark (like Morris Chesnut dark -- or a little darker) and has probably never had a sunburn in his life. He was about to put more Cocoa Butter on his shoulders (his first day there in Aruba) and I was like "Boy, you need to get yourself some sunscreen! As dark as he was, you could still see bright red under the tint of his skin. Next time we saw him, he was wearing a t-shirt on the beach. I guess he learned his lesson. Black people be warned, despite all your natural protection, you can burn too!









Me and the sea!
(wearing SPF 50 :-)












Sadly, this is becoming a distant memory already! So much has happened since I got back! Its all sort of been a whirlwind. I will post more about all that in a few.......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: