Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Long Weekend.....

I hope you all enjoyed your extra day off from work (for those who had it!) I actually had a nice relaxing weekend. I didn't plan much, I think this might have been one of the first Memorial Day weekends when I didnt go out to a club (well, Friday night happy hour doesn't count, right?) There was this big music festival at the park near my house and a friend of mine and I just planned to go to the park every day. It was great! The weather was really nice. I augmented my little Jamaica tan and I didn't cook one thing all weekend!
Well, truth be told, the first day of the festival you should have seen me and my friend, walking up the street pulling two coolers with wheels packed full of premixed mojitos and sangria, crackers, cheese, chips etc, chairs and an umbrella. (Premixing drinks doesn't count as cooking does it? Even if they do have fresh fruit and fresh mint in them?) We found out spot at about 2pm and didnt leave until aftern 11pn when the last act left. The next day, we decided to be lower maintenance and just drink our leftover stuff from the day before and bring wine. (this turned into champagne mojitos but lets not talk about that!) We did get there until 5:30pm that day but stayed until the end. The last day, I went to a BBQ at a friends place and then met up with my friends in the usual spot at about 7:30pm.

All in all it was a cool relaxing weekend........ I used to feel like I had to be doing something all the time, to take full advantage of time off but more and more I am learning to enjoy just relaxing and taking everything in....Yay! :-)

No comments: