Monday, May 28, 2007

My lack of hair (posts)

So, I am sure that you all have noticed that my posts are less and less about my hair. Well, there weren't all that many to start with. I have had my locks for 12+ years and to be quite honest, I don't think about it all that much. But isn't that all our goal?



  • To have hair that we don't have to worry and fret over...

  • To have hair that you are proud of

  • Not to have the watch the weather forecast with trepidation hoping for dry skies so that there will be no frizz....

  • To not be constantly searching for hair products to make your hair behave... (Well, that was my goal... can't say it was the same for Brunsli!)

  • To be freed from the constant wasting of time at the salon.... (I have a good friend who goes to get her hair done every Saturday at 12:30pm -- that is just not for me!)

So I guess I have acheived that! I only think about my hair about every two weeks when I wash it or on the occasion when I get in a conversatiion with someone about it... So increasingly I am concerned with other aspects of my life, and my posts reflect that. I don't find that my hair gets in the way or anything that I have tried to accomplish. I mean, after 12 years, I have interviewed with it (many times and at various stages, not all of them that cute!), worked with former government officials and ambassadors with it, gone to grad school with it gotten 3 jobs with it.

I am basically free of hair angst (except for the occasional worry about the new little locks that are starting along my hair line), and it feels great!


But just because I don't talk about it much doesn't mean I don't love it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I left a message on Brunsli's Blog for you, but I guess she never got it. I'm not home right now, but when I tried to go to your blog {at home} It shut down my internet. {Tried this twice!}
I don't know if it is a virus or what-not, but I just thought I should bring this to your attention. Your locks look nice, Very Nice!
{What do you use for the color?}
Take Care~

RedDredPrincess said...

Yes, she forwarded it on to me. I don't know what to tell you... I have not heard this from anyone else nor have I experienced it when I have gone to my page. Since the blog is hosted by Blogger.com any "virus" that there could be would likely affect a number of blogs, not just mine. Do you have a virus scanning/firewall program with real-time monitoring?

As for coloring my hair, I started coloring my roots to "ease the transition" between what my hair comes out of my head looking like and what it ends up being once the sun gets to it-- and it still continues to lighten over time to what you see. There is really nothing special about my method, just good old L'Oreal Excellence 6RB and some sun....

Goodnapps said...

Amen, Amen, Amen! You summed it all up just perfect. Although I would of never thought you loved your hair any less.

I am starting to get over the newness of my locks since I'm going on 2 years. While it's not 100% gone, I'm glad you did this post to show it's natural and another part of the journey to feel this way.

It certainly does not mean you love your hair any less.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Well, I don't have problems going from my blog to yours at work, so I guess I'll just check out your new posts when I have down-time at the job. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Take Care~