Monday, May 07, 2007

What we all have been waiting for!

There is nothing like a comfortable pair of jeans. But, if you are like me then you HATE shopping for jeans. It is a painful experience because they rarely fit right and, can we just forget about the skinny jean trend..... I didn't even try!

Typically, if I can get jeans over my calves, then you have to get past my thighs.... then, the hips (and I don't have the biggest hips). Oh yeah, and lets not forget the length. It is just painful! Often I leave feeling like all jeans are made for skinny, short, narrow hipped white girls!

Now, this has gotten better over the years. A lot of companies have caught on, offering a variety of cuts, lengths, etc of jeans and there are even companies like Baby Phat and Apple Bottom that celebrate our curves. But I am already traumatized. And, now, it is almost more intimidating because there are so many more styles to try on and narrow down.

So I was intrigued when I heard about Zafu.com

At Zafu, you fill out a simple but detailed survey about your shape and preferences when it comes to the fit of your jeans and it gives you suggestions based on those answers. And then you can narrow those results down by a number of factors like fit rating, length, brand, fabric etc...

I have gotten my results and I am feeling like this is doable. I know where to start. We'll see how it all turns out. And, please let me know what you think of the results you get.

5 comments:

brunsli said...

how cool! when i dfid it, picks 1 and 3 were the jeans i already have. a little spooky...

brunsli said...

oops. typos. that's what i get for commenting with one hand at 3 am...

Cluizel said...

Ooooohhhhh...this could be fun!

6'1 with a pear shape is never fun for any kind of shopping...especially jeans. poo

ayankha said...

THANKS!!!! I already love this site!

Ms Stella said...

I tried it and it was very cool. They have figured out a winning formula and know all the right questions to ask. Thanks for blogging.