Sunday, August 03, 2008

Personally applied restriction

I am going through some financial challenges right now so in an effort to watch my budget, I decided to challenge myself to a little financial exercise this past weekend. --- Go all weekend without spending any money (except for gas.) And I did it, and without really any discomfort. I ate food I had at home. I actually went to a party that a friend had at her house and brought my contribution for the party from stuff I already had and didn't go to the grocery store.

It is easy to mindlessly spend money when you don't really need to --- a $1 here, $5 there --- and I just can't really afford to do that for now.

So, I am glad that I did it. It had taught me a bit about my spending habits.

1 comment:

Camille said...

That is one of the hardest things for me to do. Those small amounts for things really do add up. I need to try it for my family because the largest part of our budget seems to be the grocery store. My mom used to utilize whatever was in the house to make a meal. It is a discipline that I am still learning.