Sunday, August 03, 2008

My grand re-entrance delayed.....

So I had big plans to retroactively post all the blog posts that I have been saying for the past couple months but my plans were foiled temporarily a computer virus. But after consulting a number of personal technophile friends and then some experts, I had to go to the great folks at Bleepingcomputer.com for help. There they provide a great service free of charge which has really helped me twice already.

Not only are they a wealth of knowledge about everything having to do with your computer, they are a real helpful resources when your computer gets "sick" with something that typical antivirus/antispyware programs can't cure.

Basically, to start the process you have to post some logs to a forum and then one of their experts picks up your case and starts working with you. Now, the solutions and steps they have you go through are not for beginners and require a lot of back and forth, posting logs, running programs to get to a complete fix but it is a godsend. So I am back and blogging! Thanks to the folks at Bleepingcomputer.com!

No comments: