Friday, March 03, 2006

So I bet you are wondering......

Sorry to keep you waiting so long! Thanks to all those who participated in the poll. Interestingly, you all were split on this issue, just like I was. The results are as follows:
53.33 % of you said, Tell them the first night
and
46.67 % said wait until later in the weekend

The reason I posted this poll was because I really wanted to see what people thought of this. I myself was a little unsure how I felt about the situation, eventhough I happened to go through it! Yes, I was the dumpee! :-(

I dated a brother of a co-worker/friend for who lives in NY for a year and a half. He is sort of an artsy free spirit, seemingly with loosely defined career goals but not really a path to get there. I spent a large percentage of our relationship support and trying to help and push him towards his goals. Oftentimes he did not have much spare money so I flew up there often etc. All of this was okay by me, you know, in the name of love.....

It was a good long distance relationship and, at least for me, easier than I thought it would be. Although I often lamented that our everyday life wasn't more entertwined, that is what happens in a long distance relationship. We talked everyday, despite the fact that we had conflicting schedules (I work during the day, he works afternoon and evenings.) It had it's challenges, just like any relationship, but I was willing to keep working at it. I guess he wasn't.
The weird thing is, as upset as I was about the whole situation, in between all the tears I was actually a bit relieved. His problems weren't going to be my problems anymore. I have enough to worry about with my own problems. (Which I probably should have been paying more attention to in the first place instead of transfering that energy to him, but that is a topic for another post....)
So I am adjusting, wrapping my mind around the idea of dating again (ugh!), and working on getting my own act together! ;-)

2 comments:

Chi-chi said...

Be glad that you're free. Like you said, you don't have to deal with his problems anymore. That feeling in itself lifted a large weight from my shoulders when I broke up with my ex of seven years. I felt liberated! Enjoy the freedom lady! Welcome to blogging.
http://nonyespace.blogspot.com//

Cee said...

Your locks are beautiful and I really enjoyed reading you first few post. I have started a blog also but I don't really know how to add alot of things to it as of yet. Visit mine also. I will keep up with your blog.

Cee