Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Careful what you wish for....

So I was buying jelly at the store to go with my peanut butter (well actually it is spreadable fruit because fruit is sweet enough, why add more sugar?) and I decided to diverge from my regular flavor of black cherry and get back to an old standby..... strawberry! However, I saw that they had a seedless strawberry flavor and I thought, even better! Who like strawberry seeds? They get stuck in your teeth and stay around in your mouth way after you are done eating.... Yuck!

So I bought it.

And I have tried it a couple times. It is just, in a word,weird..... Strawberry without the seeds tastes funny. And apparently, the seeds do provide some flavor aside from the texture. Maybe it is a nutty background flavor or something, but this stuff tastes different. And seems mushy.... like baby food or something.....

So I will finish off the jar but I think I will be going back to the regular, with seeds, kind next time!

No comments: