Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Writer's block.....

So my blogging experience and having Brunsli ask me numerous times over the past year, "Have you read my blog today?" and reading her post about why she blogs all the time and likes to blog, has made me think about my blogging "deficiencies...." I really have trouble blogging regularly..... I just do. And this is not a new problem. If I think back, this is the same thing that happened when I tried to keep journals when i was a kid. I started off good but then had a stressful or hard day and didnt feel like writing.... and then I forgot about it for a while.... then would pick it back up and write for a few days... and then think it sounded boring and stop.... and then forget about it again..... and then pick it up a month or so later and decide that the whole thing was futile and just stop because it had been so long since I had written that I could not possibly catch up "the reader (like who was reading my journal)" on what I had written and that it was just a futile gesture because I couldn't possibly accurately portray my life and how I was feeling at the time since it had all these big holes in it! So I would quit..... Sigh....... Talk about a perfectionist.....

So have decided that I think i need to just get over myself! I need to not worry about whether what I think about writing is interesting enough or the best way to say it..... I am just going to speak my mind and hopefully, something will resonate with your folks out there who are reading.....

No comments: