Monday, February 26, 2007

I missed an anniversary!.....

So I realized that I forgot to blog about an anniversary I had recently......

At the end of January, I celebrated my 12th year of locking my hair!!!!!!!! Can you believe it??? I can't...... I still can't believe that most of the people in my life currently have never see me with relaxed hair......

It actually makes me feel a little old..... There are very few things I have done for 12 years.....

But..... I have never regretted it for a second, even during the awkward months/years.... In fact, I hardly remember them!

Here is a little hair retrospective I put together......








1997 - Year 2




















1998 - Year 3


















2001 - Year 6

















more 2001





















2002 - Year 7





















2003 - Year 8





















2004 - Year 9
























2005!!!!

(Year 10 - Don't ask!)

4 comments:

still waters said...

Congrats!!!
Your locks are so pretty and it is good to know you have no regrets (:
They have gotten more beautiful with every year!!

I look forwrd to meeting you. I am so excited!!!

one love still

Anonymous said...

Happy 12th Year!!!

Jan. 2007 is my 8th Year, I just wish I had more pics to show off!
I often thought of going another 3 years and then starting another set. {Still not sure though}.
I'm glad you have no regrets.
Your Locks look great! :)
I like the color. I've thought about getting a color, but not sure yet.

Take Care!
~Queen

RedDredPrincess said...

Thanks.... As you can see, I had a little trouble finding some pics for years 1999-2000 as well. So here is the deal on the color..... My hair has been this color for a long long time, but what I didnt not realize until I locked it was the affect of the relaxer in contributing to it. My hair turns red through lightening by the sun etc.... But it does not start out that way out of my head.... it's a little darker brown... So I like to "ease the transition" so that I am not a "half head!" Basincally, I found a color that matched the rest of my hair and went with it, for continuity's sake...

Abena Abena said...

This was a great post, thanks for sharing your locks with us over the years. Beautiful!