Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back in business!

So, since I can't be without a computer for long, I went out this weekend to search for a replacement for my poor defunct laptop... Given my past experience, I am now a little soured on Dell but a conversation with a co-worker had me thinking about HP. He was talking about what great customer experience he has gotten with them, even when something happened just a week before his warranty expired so I thought that I should look into them. I knew that HP's Pavillion line was one of the first to offer a 17" widescreen monitor on a laptop and this was years ago so I figured that they had by now developed a solid performing machine.



Once I started to see what was out there, I also consulted my good tech guru friend and talked about what features I could do without --- do I really need a TV tuner or Windows Media Center, do I really need a 17" screen, etc.

So Saturday I was out buying a baby shower gift and I decided to do to BestBuy and Costco, (my friend suggested Costco first) and I saw an HP Pavillion 15.4" laptop that looked really nice (and at a good price.) Also, it was sitting next to a Toshiba 17" machine which was good because I got to compare the two sized machines side by side. And I decided that the difference wasn't worth the extra $300 in price nor did I want the extra weight. My friend also checked his Passport savings boo and found out that the HP would be on sale in August for $150 off.

So, here is one of the really cool things about buying electronics from Costco. They have a 90 day, no questions asked return policy with no restocking fee. So, if you just decide you dont like it after using it for a little while, they will take it back. They also augment the warranty and provide their own technical support line. Cool, huh? And when I talked to the customer service people they told me that, if I brought my reciept back in August with the coupon, they would give me my $150!

I love Costco......and my new computer! :-)

No comments: