Friday, June 15, 2007

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

So I decided to go to my neighborhood's monthly security meeting this month. I have had some issues with folks cutting across my proprty at night to jump the fence to get to the parking lot next door and since the association does partols, I want to be the squeaky wheel so I stay on their radar.

Well, now, I almost feel less safe than I did before! I mean I live in the city so I know that stuff happens but now that I hear all the incidents, I feel a little more nervous when I go walk to dog. I don't want to be insensitive but at least one incident could have been avoided. Picture this....

you and your spouse are walking home one night from a movie in a residential neighborhood....

you notice a car pacing you as you walk along the street......

the car pulls past you and then stops......

Do you:

1) turn and walk the other way
2) stop and walk up to the door of one of the houses you are passing and knock on the door
3) take out your cellphone and call 911 or someone or
4) keep walking?

What would you do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ALL of the above, simultaneously. While walking and turning around, I am whipping out my phone to diall 911 and making a beeline to the nearest front door in the opposite direction of the car!!

Ok... does that make me paranoid??

RedDredPrincess said...

I think that makes you smart! Smarter than these people! They just kept walking, even when the car pulled over and parked. Then, when they approached the car a woman got out on the passenger side with a gun and mugged them!

A healthy sense of fear and active attention never hurt anybody!