Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Breathe.....

So I think I peaked on the stress-o-meter this morning.... And to top it all off I was working on this stupid portal that someone in our company bought and we are trying to repurpose to fit the needs of our group. And right about now I am about sure that the guy who was responsible for purchasing it had to have gotten a kickback because this thing defies logic. Nothing is intuitive. There are so many steps to accomplish a task it is crazy. And I am pretty good at this stuff. Top it off with my current state of mind and I just about went insane this morning!

Luckily there were people around to talk me off the ledge... thank god we are allowed to have IM at work! I talked by IM with a number of folks, including Naturally, Sofia and Brunsli, who gave me calming words of enthusiam and support.

Then, by this afternoon, I had reached this zen sort of calmness.... Stressing is not helping... Just do the stuff that you can do and then you just have to leave it up to the powers that be and wait....... So, I will try not to stress about the job before we find out the word..... I am supposed to find out more about this investment property deal next week and I have appointments lined up to see the apartment for the rest of this week. So, that is all I can do right now. Might as well think about other things...

2 comments:

brunsli said...

Yup!

It's all going to work out. I've known you a long, long time, so I know that you're smart, diligent, and make good decisions so things always work out for you. There's no reason you won't get through this too.

In the meantime, I'll be on g-talk & skype as much as possible while I'm away.

*big hug*

Naturally Sophia said...

Stay encouraged! I have not known you for long, but your successes have impressed me deeply.I know that success is a result of good choices and hard work. Because of this, things have no choice but to work out right for you.

Here are 2 quotes for you:
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
-Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.
-Samuel Johnson