Saturday, August 18, 2007

My secret dream....

Many of you may not know, but I have a secret dream to be a ballroom dancer! Well, specifically, the latin dances (you can keep the fox trot, quick step and waltzes.) Which is why I was obsessed with "So You Think You Can Dance!" I mean, Dancing With the Stars had nothing on this show..... Yes, it is impressive to see what non-dancers can accomplish but to see established dancers in their own right grow into well-rounded professionals, masters all dance styles and being forced out of their comfort zones with awe-inspiring results is just the best!

And I mean, I have watched previous seasons, but this season was just the best. All the dancers are really great. And my favorite to win (Sabra, and she has only been dancing for 4 years!) actually won, but really, the amount of exposure they have all gotten on this show, I am sure that they will all have great careers. Mind you, these dancers are learning 3 or more routines a week with not more than 2-3 days to learn the routines. Here are some of my favorite Sabra moments!

Jazz routine with Nick - Eurhythmics


Hip Hop routine with Dominic - Ne-Yo


And this Pasa Doble with Nick is just crazy! I continue to be amazed by the ending.... (sorry for the crappy quality, I think you still get the idea)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I've fallen behind in my blog reading, plus my vacation, but girl, this is one of my favorite summer shows! I was so excited to see Sabra win! But I also really liked Danny and Neil. We'll have something else to discuss next summer.

Brenda said...

Oh Yeah - One of my other favorite dances was the one Neil did with Lauren that was choreographed by Wade Robson, the devil and the angel? Loved it!