Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's raining.......pecans!

So, I have gotten in this habit of getting up in the morning and gathering up the pecans that have fallen on the driveway and yard before anyone drives over them. Yesterday, it was REALLY windy and in about 2 hours (divided over 2 times) I ended up with a little more than a gallon-sized bag full of them! That is more than a fourth of my total harvest this year.

It is a sort of weird obsessive practice because whenever I say that I am going to go in, I see another one and have to keep going until I get cold or I really get them all. But yesterday, it was crazy! A wind would blow and then I would hear the crackity, crack of the pecans falling and hitting the driveway or the street and I would try to see where they fell. I hope no one saw me walking around like a crazy woman!

But I can't wait to find a good pecan pie recipe for Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

wow, a pecan tree. that's awesome. where are the pictures?

RedDredPrincess said...

I added one picture of the pecans.... the tree is looking rather pitiful these days with all the leaves gone...

Ms Stella said...

I'm so jealous. I just paid over $5 a pound for some pecans!

Naturally Sophia said...

So this is one of the infamous pecan posts I missed. I bet that pie was delicious. Wondering if you would same me a piece next time?