Monday, November 19, 2007

My test pie....

I settled on the pecon pie recipe that I was going to make for Thanksgiving -- a Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie with a Wheat-flavored Crust. A friend of mine convinced me that I really needed to make a "test pie" and bring it over for a taste testing. Since, I don't have much experience with homemade pie crusts, I decided to comply and I have to say, this pie was great! The crust turned out well too -- almost looks professional!
I am actually not a big fan of pecan pies, although I love pecans. It is something about the gooey unabashed sweetness of the sweet layer that is just too much. But this pie was different. It has maple syrup and brown sugar that gives it a real depth of flavor that is so yummy! I can't wait to make it again for Thanksgiving!

No comments: