Friday, February 01, 2008

Juno, you know?

What is the sleeper hit that is running away with box-office reciepts and award nominations? It's Juno. I have seen commercials for it for a while and, after a glowing recommendation from my best friend, I went to go see it. And I have to say I loved it!

In these days of Bring It On (I, II and III), Step It Up and John Tucker Must Die, there is a real void for movies like Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club and Pretty and Pink that really spoke to a generation of young kids and told them that it was okay to be quirky and different. Juno serves that purpose for the generation of today. But what is different about this movie, is that it is not as much about a teenage girl finding herself but more about one who knows herself and teaches others around her. She is quirky, sarcastic, funny and wise and has such clarity about things that even adults like me can respect and learn something.

Go see this movie! It is really well made and although the music is not really my style, it is interwoven in a way that serves a purpose as almost a whole other character in the movie. It is a sweet, smart movie that deals with a difficult subject with the utmost straightforwardness and cleverness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, "Don't got see CloverFAILED"

P.S. Did I tell you I cut my locks off? yeah, I finally did it, and got a few pics on my blog... I'm thinking about another set though.

Take Care~

Anonymous said...

I've heard nothing but great reviews about this movie.