Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's time for a little holiday baking!

As you have probably been able to tell by now, I get a little self-involved in my cooking. And, true to form, every December I jump into my yearly holiday baking tradition. It started mostly as a way to provide gifts for friends and co-workers and, of course, it has evolved into me spending days cooking a myriad of things to include in little gift baskets. Because, of course, I can't just cook a bunch on one thing for everybody, I have to provide variety.

This year has been true to form. This year I decided to make about 12 things to give to about 25 people. One or two recipes were new ones, and there were a number of old favorites. Here was the list of goodies:

Holly Wreath Treats

Holiday Biscotti with Pistachios and Cranberries

Chocolate Hazelnut Ginger Biscotti

Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cake

Lemon Poppy Seed Poundcake

Cinnamon Popcorn (the one thing I didn't make)

Chocolate Cherry Cookies

Triple Chocolate Cookies

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

Rum Balls

Pecan Sandies

Spiced Rum Pumpkin cupcakes

Red Velvet cupcakes


What I didn't factor in was how much more difficult it would be to get the treats to people this year. I am used to just bringing a bunch of stuff to work and walking around to people's desks. Obviously, this year was more difficult. I missed one couple because I couldn't get stuff to them before they left for the holidays but all in all, it worked out. I'll just have to get the folks I missed next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your friends and co-workers are very fortunate to have you.