Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Self Improvements...

So since I currently have a little extra time on my hands, I am trying to take advantage of it to do some of those things that we have on our lists but have trouble getting around to in an average day. Most notably, right after Thanksgiving, I started a new "eating plan." (We will not call it a diet.) Basically, on an impulse while at the bookstore, I picked up this book called "The Abs Diet for Women." The name intrigued me because it actually seemed to admit that there is a difference between how men and women lose weight. And it had lived up to that assertion. Written by the editor of Men's Health magazine, it actually includes tips about how to manage the plan when you are PMSing, or pregnant or going through menopause etc... Now the suggestions in this book are not rocket science. And it basically takes a sensible and reasonable approach to this challenge, taking a number of the reasonable aspects of a lot of the popular diets of the day and combining them into one plan. Key aspects include eating 6 meals a day and doing strength training to help boost and retrain your metabolism, with an emphasis on making sure to get enough protein in your diet. So I have been trying this, along with exercising like 6 days a week, and let me tell you, eating 6 times a day takes a lot of work and planning! But I have the time now so I am doing it. It is the least I can do.

I am also growing out my nails some. This is always a challenge for me because my nails often snag or break. I also have been known to bite one or two when I get stressed. The easiest way for me to keep this from happening is to always keep polish on them. (Again back to the more time theme.) It seems to be working pretty well though, at least so far!

No comments: