Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Reader questions.....

So I got a question from Keisha about "crinkling" locks and the possibility that doing it too much would cause them to break off. Well, as I sit here just finishing braiding mine for the 15 thousandth time, I would say that as long as you are careful and take care of your locks then I don't think that you have much to worry about. Also, I guess that it depends on the method that you use.

I simply braid my hair after I wash it and let it dry then take them out. And I have been doing this about every 2 weeks or so since 2002....

Also, Sunsail, did you ever see my reply comment to your question on the New Years Resolution post? I know it was forever ago, but I thought I would check....

3 comments:

gema said...

I would like to know the really important art of locking, how did you start? How do you help or make the hair lock?

I would like to grow locks but have no idea of the process of starting.
Right now I trim my hair almost to the scalp every 4 weeks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow up! Indeed, I had not seen your reply :)

Dredfoxx said...

Interesting question though. I too braid my hair as my regular "style", and while my hair is no where near as long as yours is, I have some thin thin ones that I worry about.

Normally I just braid 3 locks together, but with those I braid 4 or 5 so as not to put too much tension on them.

Some of my locks are so fat I can barely braid them all the way to the end, so those thin ones are an anomaly. Well...actually, ALL my locks are anomalous! LOL They are all so different from one another.