Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TMI....

So a strange thing has happened at work..... There is a woman who works in another part of my group. I work with her from time to time and she is the only other black woman (other than assistants) under my Executive Director. We haven't particularly bonded, she and I, in fact, there is something about her that I can't quite put my finger on.

At any rate, twice now, I have been privy to side comments made by now her direct boss and her boss' boss that indicate to me that they are not pleased with her performance and that she may not have that position before the year is up!

How strange is that!?!? I mean, the first conversation occurred when I had only been on the job for about a month. It just is a little awkward to have this information about someone you work with. I sort of feel like I am in an awkward position. For a second, it made me wonder if it was a test of me --- to see if I would go tell her --- but that was just a fleeting thought, especially since I have worked with her more and more. Personally, I find that she tends to rush through things, not pay attention to detail and does just about the least amount of work possible.

So, I guess I am keeping my mouth shut and waiting to see what if any of those words actually come to fruition.....

No comments: