Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The birthday boy....

It was my friend Q's birthday yesterday, so I rustled up the folks to go to this place called Koji's for a little sushi and shabu shabu. What is shabu shabu you might ask? Well, the easiest way for me to describe it is the Japanese version of fondue.

So, that might not quite clear it up for you either..... When I say fondue, I don't mean the melted cheese or chocolate kind but the kind where you have meat, fish and/or vegetables and you cook them, on the little skewer forks, in either hot oil or hot boullion. So image this concept but the cooking is done by dipping thinly shaved pieces of beef and vegatable in boiling hot water to cook it.






We had a blast, even with a snafu with our table... I think the dirty martinis and Sony harddrives helped! (I still dont know what was in those things!) And I am pretty sure that the birthday boy enjoyed himself too!



No comments: