Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An update!

So I didn't realize what a hiatus that I have taken from blogging until now..... Things have been CRAZY!! But it seems that as August has drifted away, so is much of the chaos. (Thank God!)

First, the shoe did finally drop and I am being laid off. Interestingly, I am okay with it. Actually, the people who are getting laid off are looking more relaxed than those who have to stick around and try to do all the same work with 1/3 to 1/2 the people. Given the alternative, I am glad I am leaving, although not excited about looking for a new job. But it will give me an opportunity to re-evaluate some things.

Second, I had one renter moving out, one moving in and a contractor who hasnt finished construction to expand the rental unit. So I have been juggling that. Additionally, I decided to save $600 and do the painting myself. Well, after a week of painting on the weekend and at nights, I don't know if I will do that again. Or at least, I will let someone else paint the ceilings. Ceilings are the worst! Sunday, I laid down those infamous Flor carpet tiles (very easy!) and the transformation was complete! Yay! My contractor did a great job and the renter (and her dog) are really happy with the new space. See the next post for the before and after pictures.
Special shout out to Naturally Sophia for helping out in the clutch and coming to pitch in and paint! And on a Friday night no less!

3 comments:

blackrussian said...

Sorry about the layoff. I REALLY do know EXACTLY how that feels.

Naturally Sophia said...

I know you ar moving on in positivity to the next phase of your career life. Congrats on your new job in advance!

As for painting, I was pleased that you asked me to help you and was honored by the invitation. Next time, if you tell me in advance, I could bring more people to help. Paint parties are usually fun and an efficient way to "get er done". lol!

Unknown said...

I, too, am so sorry about your layoff, but I'm pretty confident that with all that you have going for you that you're going to land on your feet.