Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The flip flop dilemma

I have developed a silver flip flop obsession..... Probably because they match my toes and just seem a color that seems less casual than other flip flops. (See!)


However, I have run into an issue. My favorite (and only) pair of silver flip flops seems to be breaking and I can't find a replacement pair because they are out of season and the company isn't making them right now, or the place I buy them from isn't selling them. So I decided to look for alternatives. It is better to have a back up pair anyway!

I looked at tons of pairs and I don't like any of them as much as the pair I had but I decided to try a pair in an effort to be openminded. And since Zappos.com has free next day shipping, I didn't have to wait long.
Here were my choices:

Number 1



Number 2

Number 3

Initially, I was just going to go with number 2 but they are so casual and completely flat. I do like the thin profile of the straps though. Number 3, forget about it! So shiny and pink! Yuck! I didn't love number 1 but when I tried them on, they were sooooo comfortable, and they have this little arch support thing so I am willing to overlook the green accents.

So now I have 2 new pairs of silver flip flops but i still like the old ones the best so I think I am going to try to get them fixed!

3 comments:

brunsli said...

Hmmm. Why didn't it occur to me to borrow your polish to wear with my silver Berks?

Have you considered Silver Berks?

Tafari said...

Oh not ,not flip flops! I threaten my wife all the time that I am going to cut that little in between toe piece.

Bygbaby

Anonymous said...

I like the number two's as well. This is why we should buy two of the same pair. At the very least wear them for a week and if you really love them then go back and get another pair for later.