Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Um mistério.....

So traveling to Rio with a group of guys has been very illuminating for me...... It has given me both some key learnings and a new puzzle.

First, after seeing what I have seen, I would never let a man I was dating or married go to Rio alone or with his boys. And I mean NEVER, EVER, EVER! Being with a bunch of guys gave me a unique experience of being a fly on the wall. If a guy wants, he could easily have a different beautiful woman to sleep with every night that he is in the city...EASILY, as long as they have the money for it. I saw grown men act like kids in a candy store. So, I would strongly question the motives of any man going to Brazil without a woman.

Second, the biggest mystery of all to me is how the country can produce so many beautiful women and so-so looking men!?!?!? I really don't understand it. All over beautiful woman and, with one or two notable exceptions (including the one in my pictures below), the men were not really that great looking. Maybe all of the good looking men are in a different part of the country that I have yet to explore. So while it was the land of milk and honey for the guys in the group, it was not the same for the women. But hey, I guess you only really need one, right? ;-)

But what this meant was while the men were busy recuperating from their evening activities, the women were a little restless and exasperated at spending half the day waiting to do something. This was the first time that the trip organizers had ever had women on their trip and they learned a little bit about the differences in how women and men travel!

2 comments:

Ms Stella said...

Brazil has been a vacation destination for men (especially Black men) for quite some time. I went there with my husband a few years ago. His company sent him there. I wasn't too surprised at what I saw because I used to be in the Navy and it was pretty much like pulling into port after being on a ship for weeks. The objective is to party and get laid.

Essence did an article on it a while ago so, the secrets out.

RedDredPrincess said...

So I had never read the Essence article, or didnt really pay all that much attention to it. But this really just about sums it up. And I think I met this woman, Karla, who was mentioned!

http://www.essence.com/essence/lifestyle/globetrippin/0,16109,1227036,00.html