Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A little slice of hip hop heaven...

Last night, I went to go see Q-Tip and Common in concert. Hey, there has to be some benefit to being out of work! I can easily go to concerts on a Monday night now!




It was great! Although the clarity of the acoustics could have been a little better, they both put on a great show! I wish Q-Tip's set was a little longer but Common assembled a great collection of old hits and all the good songs from his current album.




The venue was general admission and the floor is standing only but we found a great little spot at the end of the side bar that stayed unobstructed because it was by the stage door and the VIP seating. No worries about someone really tall standing in front of you or being knocked into by people. And, we could order drinks whenever we wanted and had the bar to lean on. It was a GREAT concert!

6 comments:

Ms. Hill said...

Another slice: last week I went to the Roots, Big Daddy Kane, and MC Lyte concert. If you can swing that when it is in ATL, I highly recommend it. They performing in NYC on Friday and Saturday of this week. I may have to catch it again!

Cluizel said...

Ahhhhh!!!! I am going to see Common and Q-Tip Sunday in NY...jealous you got to see them first :)

Poo...

Oh wow...that concert rahdigga mentioned above with the Roots...I am going to that Friday night. lol. small world

RedDredPrincess said...

Cluizel, you will enjoy yourself!

I saw the Roots last fall in a small concert as part of a conference. I parked myself right in the front of the stage for the whole show and was rewarded with a signed drumstick from ?uestlove himself!

I will look out to see if the concert you all are talking about comes to the ATL...

Naturally Sophia said...

Cool! Hate it that I missed this.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh...the knife was already in and now you're turning it! lol.

Cluizel said...

hmm yeah...that comment from Michelle is me. lol