Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spur of the moment trip...

Okay... I am so behind on my blogging we are just going to pretend that these posted on the dates they say they did.... (and that I am not typing without my right index finger that I just hurt in the garage door -- you will just have to read ahead to find out about that!)

Anyway.....

This past Friday, I got a call at about 11am from some good friends of mine from grad school. You see this past weekend was homecoming and my class's 5 year reunion. I had been toying with the idea of going but hadn't really committed to anything. But when I got the call, and realized that I hadn't seen some of these folks in 5 years, I started thinking......why not?? A couple friends said that I could stay with them and it is not like I had a job to be stuck at on a friday afternoon. So, I arranged for someplace for the dog to stay and was on the road in about 3 hours!

Six and a half hours later I was pulling into a parking space to meet folks at an infamous local bar in the town I went to grad school in. Whew!

I actually didn't go to any of the official events or the football game but got to see and hang out with some really great folks and go to dinner at my favorite restaurant there, which has since been recognized by Gourmet magazine. Now, I remember why I liked grad school so much!











Oh, the other thing, it seems that aside from working, my classmates have also spent the time having kids! The majority of them seem to have two which makes me feel like I have been really unproductive....

No comments: