Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fridays mean something to me again....

So the first week of work down and I am feeling pretty good about it, although I definitely have a lot to learn. The folks in my group seem pretty nice. My boss, and the rest of the group, took me out to lunch the first day, and then a bunch of us went out again on Tuesday.

The guy who is training me, whose responsibilities I am taking over, is actually the guy I talked to get info on the group back in December. He had been really helpful then and had actually worked for my former company. My former boss knew him and gave me his contact info originally. Well, now, I am taking over his responsibilities as he is moving to a different role in our group. So the good thing is that he will be around if I ever need to pick his brain. There is a lot to pick though as he had been doing the job for 4 years and knows all the history, all the people and all the vendors.

But I am plugging along.... some days I feel excited, some days I feel a little overwhelmed but I think this is going to be a really good opportunity for me. I have a lot to learn. I realize that I know a lot less than I thought. But I am up for the challenge! My big accomplishments this week are that I got my ID, parking pass, computer (delivered and set up), and blackberry (delivered and set up) and lot of reading (lots more to do though)!

Oh, and as to the title of this post..... I had blogged previously about how weekends lost their meaning when you don't have to go to work during the week. Well, they have returned to their prominence and they seem shorter than ever!

No comments: