Thursday, March 20, 2008

I have an office!

So, I forgot to mention..... by the luck of the draw, I managed to get an office at my new job instead of a cube. I actually don't mind the cubicles they have. They are pretty roomy and full of light. And I think that you can learn alot by overhearing other people's business conversations (and personal ones but that is another story!)

So, I sort of had mixed feelings when they showed me my office. It is an interior, closet-like space, with a desk that forces you to sit with your back to the door. There is no window and intially it seemed a little dark. I am somewhat light-affected and my spirits and energy level is really lifted by sunlight. It was also filled with the previous occupant's stuff but I finally got that cleared out.

But, it does have a door which can be pretty nice. And, it's own printer, nice as well! I also set up my computer so that I am sitting sideways and can see the door out of the corner of my eye which eliminates the sneak-up factor. I do sometimes feel a little isolated since I have to make a conscious effort to go out and talk to people but it has been good since I have a lot to do to get up to speed. And, as I learned this week, while I can't tell when it is sunny outside, I also can't tell if it is rainy and gloomy outside! There is a fli side to everything.

Now, the whole building is moving in 5-6 months to a different complex that I actually worked in before so I am familiar with the layout. There, I will not have an office and will be returned back to cubeland. So, I better just enjoy it while I can!

No comments: