Saturday, March 29, 2008

My chartreuse thumb

So, since I have had my house, I have dipped my little toe into the gardening pool.... Well, basically I have only bought some hanging plants and attempted to plant some flowers in the rectangular containers on either side of my front porch.

When I bought the house, there were some pink Impatiens (just now learned how to spell their name) in the pots. Last year, I decided to try something new and bought these hot pink/magenta colored dianthus. They didn't quite end up looking like this picture unfortunately, thanks to a drought and some interference by a furry four-legged creature who likes to dig and bury her rawhide bones. The impatiens actually tried to come back and looked better than the dianthus so, I got the hint.

Today, I bought some more impatiens to plant for the year. They are sort of a purply pink. There were a lot of folks at the Garden section at Home Depot because it was such a beautiful day. But then, about 2pm, grey clouds rolled in, lightening splashed across the sky and it started to pour.....

So, about 8pm, when the rain seemed to have let up and it was still rather warm. So, I decided to get to planting since tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Things were going fine. I finished with one pot and then decided to go ahead and do the next one and got finished just in time, sort off. When the flash lightening and the big raindrops returned, I decided to call it quits. Hopefully, I can keep these growing and the dog away from them this year!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I love your blog. I have a question for you. I too have locs (3yrs now) I love the crinkled look but my hair dresser said if you were your locs crinkled too often they will start to break off. Have you found that to be true at all?