Thursday, March 27, 2008

Starting to get the hang of things....

Two and a half weeks in and I am starting to feel like I am getting the hang of things at work. At least I think so.

Today I was running down a few launch affecting product issues, got to do some user experience testing, was taken out to lunch by a vendor, and got a bunch of cool gadgets to play with and use to support my job responsibilities. I am still excited about the job.

Also, coincidentally, a guy who was in the same group with me at my previous job, has interviewed for 2 positions at my company, one in the same group I am in and one in a different group from me but one that I personally interact with every day. I guess that it is not completely coincidentally. This other woman who I have worked with at my last 3 companies, put in the good word for him and helped him get the interview. So I have been putting in the good word for him whenever I could. Yesterday, I was asked to write a recommendation for him so I think that his chances are pretty good, at least for one of the positions. I am glad that I am able to help him. I think that is is so important to reach back and help out someone else in their job search after you get a job. It's sort of like paying it forward....

1 comment:

WandaWoman said...

I think it's great that you are recommending your friend for a position. It definitely helps in the karma department, imo, to help pay it forward.