Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I can't get sick on my last week of freedom!

On Monday, I started feeling a little tickle in my throat and I knew what that meant! I can't get sick the week before I start my new job!!

One good thing about being unemployed is that you are not exposed to other peoples germs all the time and I managed to stay healthy for most of the entire 5 months! But on Monday, I started to feel the first hint of sickness.

So I went into my stay healthy regimen. I took my vitamin and also this Brazilian version of Airborne that I got when I was down there. I aired out the house. I drank Danactive and Kombucha, both of which have lots of active cultures, the natural bacteria that occurs in your digestive tract and helps boost your immune system and I immediately went home and brushed my teeth and changed my sheets. I also drank lots of liquids.

It seems to work because I got better and averted an immune system melt-down! Yay!

2 comments:

gema said...

A scant teaspoon of Ascorbic Acid in a glass of juice does the trick too, instantly.

Last Saturday we were out, in a shopping mall and DH and I both coughed a funny little cough at the same time and I thought DAMN, that was a virus I just picked up.....no sooner was I back home and barely in the house (in fact I was removing my coat) when the sick, flu-like feelings started. I ran to the bathroom and washed my hands, washed out my mouth and then to the kitchen for a big glass of juice with Ascorbic Acid....10mins later I was good as new and still am....

The DH did come home for the weekend with a cold and was already nursing his with juice and Ascorbic Acid.

Anyways, glad you are better and I wish you a wonderful new start in your new job.

RedDredPrincess said...

Thanks so much!