Thursday, March 22, 2007

So it has happened......

We have gotten to the point in the season when American Idol annoys me and I stop watching.....

This is typically the point when the popularity contest portion of the show overweighs the talent/singing component......

I started to lose some interest when Sabrina got voted off a few weeks ago.... But I am officially disengaged now. Stephanie, who has one of the best voices, got voted off yesterday and Sanjaya and Hailey are still on the show....... The pre-pubescent white boys and girls of America are deciding this competition......

I guess I shouldn't be surprised..... this is, after all, season 6! But for some reason I keep holding out the hope that the one with the most talent will actually win one of these seasons.... (Well, Fantasia was good....)

I suppose I should be happy for Stephanie, she has escape the "Top Ten" and I think that means that she won't be obligated to tour with this group for the next year or make a record with these folks, after the show is over..... I mean, look what Jennifer Hudson did with her ticket back home.....

So Stephanie goes the way of Tamyra Gray and LaToya London...... Hopefully she will get some good management out of this opportunity and use it as a stepping stone. Everyone seems to forgot that she is only 19!

And I think, even though I still love LaKisha, Melinda & Jordan (and even Blake) and would be happy if one of them won it all, I don't think that I will be watching the show so much anymore....

I am......disillusioned once again......

No comments: