Thursday, January 03, 2008

Calling for advice/suggestions from my fellow bloggers

I am looking for help with two very different geographically-specific problems that friends of mine are having. I thought I would put them out to they blogging community to see if any of your can help and/or have suggestions....

First, I have a friend who's 8 year old son decided a few months ago that we wanted to have locks. So he has been growing out his hair for a few months and now they are ready to get his locks (palm-rolled) started. Does anyone out there have suggests for a good place in the Atlanta area (preferably in Cobb County) where his parents can take him to get his locks started and maintained? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Unfortunately, since I have always maintained my hair myself I am not a good resource. Hopefully, one of you will be!

Second, a friend of mine called me because a friend of hers is in a dilemma. She is scheduled to arrive in Paris tomorrow to start an exchange program for a quarter. Unfortunately, she and her roommate were scammed and have no place to stay! It seems that they had found a place through Craigslist, like a lot of their other classmates, and sent in a $2000 deposit in October but when her roommate arrived earlier this week, she discovered that the building where the apartment is supposed to be does not exist! So, they are out of a deposit and are scrambling for some place to stay through the end of March. Does anyone know of anyplace in Paris that does short term rentals or have any suggestions for where they might look? They both have places to stay for the next few days but need to find something more permanent.

Thanks in advance, my Blogger fam!

No comments: