Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I resolve.....

It is that time. The time when millions of us take the turning of a new year as an opportunity to make a change in our lives. But what is so special about the start of a new year? January 1st is just the day after December 31st. Perhaps it is because the concept of rebirth, cleansing and rededication is such a comforting theme to us all. The thought that we can make right what has gone wrong in the prior year. The thought that you can actualize new opportunities for yourself because a new period of time has started. Or maybe it is the fact that you are not alone and the fact that millions of others are focused on self-improvement as are you is what spurs people on.

My thinking is that whatever makes you resolve to do things better is a good thing. Just think what would happen if we could get people to go through this exercise at the end of each month, or each week or each day even!

So, on to my resolution....... My resolution is to re-focus myself on the goals that I have already set for myself and found myself straying from and loosing momentum towards the end of the year.
  1. Finding a satisfying/motivating job that is in line with my overall career goals, while at the same time embracing non-traditional opportunities that come my way
  2. Rededicating myself to my health and physical and emotional well-being
  3. Progressing on long term fixes to past (and occasionally present) poor financial choices
I know that they may seem a little ambiguous as written here but there are real concrete goals and steps behind each one of these. Being unemployed forces you to take stock of things so I actually have been thinking about these things for quite a while.

But what about you? What are you going to do better in 2008? Please share if you feel so inclined!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great Resolutions! I can identify with every one of yours. My main goal this year is to try to enjoy the present, regardless of how I may feel I look or what I may weigh...

Naturally Sophia said...

Your resolutions are really good. I think everyone can identify with those and improve in those areas.