Monday, January 07, 2008

No, no, no! We must save Journeyman!!!

http://www.candorville.com/wordpress/2008/01/01/journeyman/

I am upset! You may remember in my post about visiting LA a few months ago I mentioned seeing the pilot for a new show named Journeyman that is on NBC. On the surface this show seemed a little Quantum Leap-esque but week after week I continued to get drawn into this show! It is not often that I like a new show so much right off. I mean, I let a whole season of Lost go by and it wasn't until the summer season re-run that I got interested in that show. But Journeyman is really pretty intriguing and smart. It is not a corny travel back in time show. It really shows a more "realistic" viewpoint of what might happen if you mysteriously started traveling back in time randomly with little control, what it would do to you, the effect it would have on your family and job, what would happen if you were tempted to try to change things about your life, what would happen if you left things from the future in the past etc....

I mean this is really interesting stuff! And I have been sitting rivoted to my TV (or Tivo) after Heroes every Monday just to see the next installment. Now there are very strong rumors that the show has been canceled by NBC, right in the midst of this writer's strike and the show's ardent fans (I am starting to become one of those as well) are launching a multi-faceted campaign to let NBC and other networks know how much we like the show.
Prong 1: Spreading comments across numerous message boards, comment areas etc, sharing our enthusiasm for the show and our disappointment at a possible cancellation, especially NBC messageboards. Here is a listing of a few key ones to hit:

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showforum=93
http://save-journeyman.blogspot.com/
http://www.ew.com/ew

imdb.com Journeyman message board

youtube.com (search and comment on journeyman videos)
digg.com (search for Journeyman articles, digg them and comment. If you don’t already have a digg account, it’s really quick to create one and very easy to use)

Prong 2: Sending Rice-a-Roni boxes to NBC in support/protest because since Journeyman is set in San Francisco, we think of it as the latest"San Francisco treat!" Corny, I know.... but effective. When tons of Rice-a-Roni boxes show up at NBC studios, someone is going to notice. Info on where to send the boxes can be found here: http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=779766

Prong 3: Organized download-aramas organizing fans to download episodes from NBC.com at organized times to show NBC how big the fan base is. The first one is scheduled for today, January 7 at 10pm (the regular time for the show, which is not airing today.) Fans, those interested in finding out what the show is about etc should download/stream/watch the first episode of the season "Love of a Lifetime" at 10pm from NBC.com

It just upsets me that in this age where what is real TV is being increasingly replaced by meaningless reality dribble like he return of American Gladiators, any number of the new mindless gameshows based strictly on luck or chance, oh, and lets not forget the karaoke shows, or the 50 million shows about the real life of some rapper or celebrity du jour (Irv Gotti, the Kardasians, Kimora Lee Simmons, Snoop -- do I really need to see their everyday life on a weekly basis!?!?) that a show that is complex, detail oriented, smart and intriguing can be canceled while shows like Fear Factor are allowed to live on in perpetuity!

I urge you, if you are a fan of Journeyman, let your voice be heard. If you have not ever watched an episode, check them out at NBC.com. But please people, let the studio know that we actually care to see well-written, suspenseful fiction protrayed by professional actors on our TVs!


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080101/ap_on_re_us/looking_for_cooper

2 comments:

Drea said...

I love this show too. I got my best friend hooked. I'll be sending my Rice-a-Roni.

Anonymous said...

I love this Journey Man. For once something worth watching that brought quality, love, drama, suspense, and action. I watched the last episode tonight and was floored to know it was the last one.