Monday, January 21, 2008

Rising above....

I am not a very dramatic person. I give people the benefit of the doubt and try to see all sides of something. I do not fly off the handle. You have to do something really extreme to make me mad. But when I do get mad, I get mad.

Even when I am mad though, I do not fly off the handle right then and there. But I have an intense need to confront the person afterwards, especially if I feel that something was done deliberately.

But when someone does something to you purposefully to illicit a reaction then you lose your power in the situation when you react. And, lets face it, many people often don't really learn the consequences of their actions unless the consequences are clear and definite.

So, I am in a situation where a person's actions makes me question if I even want to be around them anymore. What makes it even more disappointing is that it was immediately preceded by a very enjoyable time when I thought we were really connecting. I really want to yell and go off on this person, maybe even hang up the phone on them (which I never do) if I hear anything other than an apologetic tone. But I am going to rise above, at least for now. Silence can have a powerful message.

1 comment:

Naturally Sophia said...

As long as this person is not me, I say forget about it for now and wait for them to come to you and apologize. This is the same advice you gave me when I had an issue with one of my friends at a party. Remember...