Sunday, July 08, 2007

Blame it on Whole Foods!

I had the yummiest dinner tonight. I blame it on Whole Foods. I stopped by there today and was reminded of a recipe I had seen on Food Network last week. Also, they were giving out samples of this cheese I had never heard of before. It was really good and the guy there told me about a really good accompaniment. So, as a result of this little trip, I had:

Olive oil poached Halibut on a bed of haricot verts (thin green beans)

accompanied by Nevat and Cotswold cheeses on water crackers and flatbread

with Portuguese Tomato jam


Nevat is a really light spanish goat cheese that tasted really delicious with the tomato jam which is made with tomatoes, sugar and cinnamon. Cotswold is a favorite of mine, an English cheddar cheese with chives in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious and looks beautiful!