Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So maybe Dell is not so bad....



What is this you ask?
Well..... After my post about my dead Inspiron laptop, I got a comment from a customer advocate at Dell. Apparently, they monitor blogs for references to Dell. And John asked me to email him. When I did he told me, despite the fact that I had already bought a replacement HP laptop, he wanted to send me a new Inspiron laptop for me to try and compare.
Can you say "Wow!"
So my new Midnight Blue Inspiron 1520 arrived at my house a couple weeks ago. I have to say, it is pretty swanky.... And I have noticed commercials on the TV for this model. It actually comes in variety of colors from Flamingo Pink to Spring Green, Ruby Red to Jet Black. So, of course, I feel compelled to tell you all how impressed I am with Dell and it's proactive approach (although only a tad bit spooked out by their thoroughness at finding my post.) No doubt, that they will find this post just as easily. So, thanks Dell! Hopefully, this one will last much longer than my previous ones!

If this post is all bunched up, blame Blogger... it keeps deleting my line spacing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! MANY up props to Dell for this great customer service!!!

The laptop looks awesome. I'm in the market for a new laptop also and this has sparked my interest.

Tafari said...

It's awesome that they are listening & care!

Bygbaby

blackrussian said...

Yeah...I dunno what's up with Blogger. It always inserts too MANY spaces in my posts!

I think this Dell experience is pretty cool, although it IS freaky. I mean, what if you went on a trip and told only a few of your closest friends your destination and where you were staying, but when you got there your hotel room had a gift basket with your favorite food, wine and flowers? And it was signed "a secret admirer"?! And your friends SWORE it wasn't from them? And you KNEW it wasn't?....

I mean, you'd be grateful and flattered, but wouldn't it CREEP YOU OUT???

Nonetheless, it would be a WAY COOL story and you'd get to tell it to the amazement of your friends for the rest of your life...assuming it wouldn't turn out to be a short life, because you were murdered by a psycho-stalker...

Can you tell I have an overactive imagination and a morbid sense of humor and too much time on my hands?...speaking of which, come on over to my blog when you have the time and read my post: What the Dell?

As always, I've enjoyed visiting your blog.