Monday, July 09, 2007

This Old House: I love my screened porch!

So, in my ongoing quest for home improvement, I decided to clean up and use my screened porch. I mean, I paid for it too, right! And it is a really great feature of the house that I had not been utilizing. I had even bought some furniture for it but rarely sat on it. So I decided to spruce it up! I bought some decorative pillows for the boring couch and, in homage to my trip to Jamaica, decided to buy a hammock to hang up in the other corner. Okay, can I tell you! I am in love now!

The other side is much more inviting too! Now I can comfortable see 2 or 3 people sitting out there enjoying some drinks and hanging out or me having my breakfast out there. It is a lot more like a part of the house now!


Last night I sat out in my hammock on my laptop Iming with friends.... This morning I laid out there while I was waking up this morning. :-) Ahhh!
I do have one of two more things to do. I have bought these decorative string lights from Target that are really cute and I am going to string them along the top of the walls and I am considering getting some kind of curtain for the side behind the couch since, unfortunately and sometimes fortunately, my property shares a property line with a strip mall. I guess watching all those hours of DIY and HGTV are starting to pay off!



Stay tuned! I am just getting started...... Now the really "fun" stuff begins!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job! ... It looks so nice and comfy.