Sunday, July 29, 2007

An unsettling week....

Well, I didnt have to take the bar exam this past week, but it ended up being an unsettling one for me nonetheless. The week started out interestingly. I was presented with an opportunity to purchase some investment property. After much consideration, I decided to take advantage of the oppurtunity. And then.... about an hour after I signed the contract with my agent, I attended a meeting at work where I was told that the new CEO, as he is evaulating the business, has told our group not to do anymore new expansion and that, since we are staffed for expansion, that some employees will likely not be needed..... Ugh!

Now, who knows what this will really mean for me but we are supposed to get more direction at the end of August. It is really unsettling though. I mean, I thought my job was something that I would not have to be worrying about right now. Things were going well, I really like the people I work with and the type of work we are doing. I have a short commute to work. Things were good. Now, I don't want to be premature.... Maybe this won't effect me, but it could. So, i am dusting off my resume and starting to look around. It is just sort of disappointing.

I am also getting this feeling that my renters are not going to renew their lease, which will be another stress to find someone to rent the apartment. They have not really stayed in the apartment in the past couple weeks but I see their cars parked in front of the apartment his mother is renting up the street. (I know, a little weird, huh?) I mean, maybe they are just hanging around there because it is the summer but I don't know. I sort of feel like that is coming too. Well, I will know this week since they have to either renew their lease or give me 30 days notice to vacate. I think I need to change the lease to give me 60 days notice!

So, what I thought would be a relatively mild fall might end up being one full of challenges. Guess I better get my mind right!

No comments: