Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You have the wrong address....

I have, for many years, suffered from the modern equilivant of the wrong number. I have repeatedly recieved emails that are meant for someone who went to my same alma mater who apparently has a very similar email address.

I have gotten emails from her relatives, her real estate agent, her old crew teammates, some drama group she is in. I think that she is from England, that she attended the school after me and that she is still living (or has returned) to the city we went to school in.

I try to politely tell these people that they have gotten the wrong person but when I mistakenly get put on email lists, that is the most frustrating.....

And this has been happening for years, ever since our school started offering lifetime email forwarding to alumni. When I got notice, I jumped up and claimed my initial as my email address. I can only guess that her initials are similar.

Maybe I will try to look her up in the alumni database.....

No comments: